Ashdown MAG C210-T

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fattie64, Oct 14, 2004.

1. fattie64

Oct 3, 2004
    what does anybody know about the mag series c210-t. should i pay the extra $200 and go with the c410-t? i will probably be playing some small gigs and stuff but also use for a practice amp. is it a good brand? worth the money?

just wanna know what im buying before i spend $500+

2. MaXell

Jan 23, 2004
    I have a Ashdown MAG250-210, I purchased a couple of months ago. I am very happy with it. It sounds great with my Fender P Bass Special. It’s an older UK made model, (the new MAG’s are now being assembled in China), that the dealer had never sold due to the high price tag. When he offered it to me for the price of the new China model, I jumped on it.

Mine is the 250 watt model, (@ 4 ohms) which you only get full power out of when connected to a second cab. I think as it sits it puts out about 180 watts, which is more than enough for me, as I’m a home player only. If I ever decide I need more power, I'll add the 15" cab.

I’m also using it as a power amp for my PODxt. My Stratocaster into the PODxt into the Ashdown sounds great. I've given up on tryng to run the PODxt into my Fender tube amp, I just can't get a good sound with it. I got really lucky with the Ashdown, which made it an added bonus.