Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ashdown MAG-Mon 112 Combo (Please Read)

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by jobu3, Aug 5, 2005.

1. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    Bought it second hand off of James Hart a few months ago. It plays and sounds perfect. It's 100% functional. It has had the carpet removed and the red-tinted wood it's made of is easily visible. A coat of some heavy duty exterior paint would fix it up in a jiffy, but I'm not about to do it (James wasn't either). So, if you're looking for a cool monitor or combo and don't mind some minor cosmetic issues, then this is just the ticket!
    It's plenty loud at 200W with an external speaker output and an XLR DI out for PA or recordings (if I'm not mistaken, James used this combo for a bunch of recordings on his site). The tone is very thumpy, fat, and warm. It goes pretty low too for my fellow 5+'ers... I decided to go back to a head and 210 so it's gotta go... I'd like to get the $175 I have into it back. I can do paypal and we can negotiate on shipping depending on location (to the 48 only). No trades. PM me with questions and offers.

Pictures: http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=7064883&uid=2208240&members=1

2. Hmm..some spray on truck bedliner and you would be set.

Im thinking bout it :smug:

3. swpyne

swpyne Basses R Loaded! Gold Supporting Member

Jul 26, 2005
    Centennial, Colorado
    pm coming your way!

4. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Yeah Joe, Most of the tracks here:
    http://www.hartsafire.com/music.htm

were recorded through that DI. I actually have a gallon of dark grey floor paint from walmart that I was planning on spredding on it if I kept it. I only sold it because I know Joe was in need of something when he sold his Schroeder and iamp (and I warned him it was ugly :p )

These go for about $350 or so on eBay.

5. TheCreature

TheCreature

May 22, 2002
    Dallas, TX
    Looks like someone scalped it and it's bleeding to death.

The MagMon 12 is a great amp. Just havin some fun...

6. jobu3

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    Actually, there is a guy who does it locally at a business but I never got a chance to get in touch with him...

And thanks, James for the great deal (it really helped), the link and the confirmation! ;)

7. bryanonbass

bryanonbass

May 13, 2001
    Northern NJ
    a pm.

8. JoshB

JoshB A great man is always willing to be little. -RWE Supporting Member

if I had the cash, I would do it right now...

9. jobu3

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    If you had the cash, I'd sell it to you right now... :smug: :cool:

10. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    That right there is what makes dealing with Joe such a pleasure.... Flexible and accommodating.

:p

11. jobu3

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    It's all the Pilates I & II I've been doing... :hyper:

12. JoshB

JoshB A great man is always willing to be little. -RWE Supporting Member

hmm....on a side note...here's a bump for this thread getting back to selling your combo... ;)

13. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

PM sent to ya bud on the Ashdown!

14. jobu3

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    Sold. :bassist: