1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

ASHDOWN MAG users

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by HRC Matt, Sep 21, 2005.

1. HRC Matt

HRC Matt

Aug 31, 2004
    Columbus, Ga
    I am thinking of purchasing the MAG 8x10 cabinets and was wondering if anyone has any comments + or - about the product. I already own some eden gear but i would like a bigger setup for bigger venues. I would saves 350$ more to buy the ampeg 8x10 but I am in college and $350 could go towards something more productive like...next semesters tuition

2. Zapp

Zapp

Sep 4, 2005
    Gruene Texas
    have you played any one of the new Behringer '10' cabs? I was all set to buy Eden XLT until I played the alum-version Behringer. unbelievable bargain IMHO. i bought the 2x alum with horn. my guess is they are undercutting like mad in order to buy marketshare at this time.

i have used behringer stage monitors before and they were terrible.... hard to imagine how one could have done worse than those boat anchors, so I was disinclined to consider their cabs. but just to pick on a "small hall" sound I tried them out. man was I wrong.
    z

3. ashdown mag 8x10 is brilliant