Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ASHDOWN MAG users

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by HRC Matt, Sep 21, 2005.

1. HRC Matt

HRC Matt

Aug 31, 2004
    Columbus, Ga
    I am thinking of purchasing the MAG 8x10 cabinets and was wondering if anyone has any comments + or - about the product. I already own some eden gear but i would like a bigger setup for bigger venues. I would saves 350$ more to buy the ampeg 8x10 but I am in college and $350 could go towards something more productive like...next semesters tuition

2. Zapp

Zapp

Sep 4, 2005
    Gruene Texas
    have you played any one of the new Behringer '10' cabs? I was all set to buy Eden XLT until I played the alum-version Behringer. unbelievable bargain IMHO. i bought the 2x alum with horn. my guess is they are undercutting like mad in order to buy marketshare at this time.

i have used behringer stage monitors before and they were terrible.... hard to imagine how one could have done worse than those boat anchors, so I was disinclined to consider their cabs. but just to pick on a "small hall" sound I tried them out. man was I wrong.
    z

3. ashdown mag 8x10 is brilliant