Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ashdown Mag200 / Electric Blue 15

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Arch Giddle, Feb 4, 2002.

1. I tried out a couple of amps at the weekend, an Ashdown mag200 15" combo and an Ashdown Electric Blue 15".

I really liked the sound of both, but especially the MAG with the sub harmoniser. The only thing is - the MAG is £500 (yes I'm in Britain) and the Electric Blue is £290. This means that for an extra £210 I would get a glowing VU meter (which rocks), speaker out, the subharmoniser (which is cool, but not essential) and another 70 watts of power.

I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience of how loud electric blues go? Would they be enough for small club/pub gigs, for example? Or is it worth forking out for the MAG? I'm thinking that if I got a MAG then if I need a bigger amp there is always the option to buy another cab, but I would probably end up replacing the electric blue.

Any opinions?

2. Okay I realise it's pretty lame to repost my message in the hope someone will notice it, but I would really value your opinions on this one...

3. Thanks

Much appreciated

4. Grahame

Grahame

Feb 7, 2002
    Wiltshire, UK
    Checkout the Ashdown website, the new version of the Electric Blue includes a sub harmoniser and has more power. This may ease your decision making.

Grahame

5. Ashdown has a 500w combo with 2x10". It's one of the best rigs I've ever tried. I own an Ashdown abm500, with 4x10", and it's a real kickass rig! Anyway, it's very large and heavy, but the one with 2x10" is much more handy. You also get plenty of power (500w...) to throw in another cab, if you should need it... And, of course, the VU meter, the subharmonics and the "grind"-control... The 4x10" is the best amp I've ever had/ever tried, but if I could redo the buy, I'd settle for the 2X10...:cool: