Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ashdown MAG210T Cab question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by *Munkeh*, Jun 22, 2005.

1. *Munkeh*

*Munkeh*

Apr 16, 2005
    London, UK
    Planning on getting an Ashdown MAG210T Cab with an Ashdown MAG300 Head. Problem is, the cab description on one site says it will hold up to 200 watts, however on the ashdown site it says 200 watts CONTINUOUS. The head itself is 300 watts, will my stack run at a full capacity of 300 watts or 200 watts if i get the MAG210T Cab?

Thanks all! :bassist:

2. *Munkeh*

*Munkeh*

Apr 16, 2005
    London, UK
    Also been looking at this warwick head and cab, would you people recommend this head and cab?

http://www.electromusic.co.uk/bassguitars/media/pro_3.jpg

^the new pro fet 3.2

http://www.electromusic.co.uk/bassguitars/media/W410.gif

^W410 pro range cab

OR!

http://www.electromusic.co.uk/bassguitars/media/W115.gif

^W115 pro range cab

Both cabs are the same price, just don't know if a 1x15 is better than a 4x10 or not.

My spending limit is £500 and i must be tight on that budget, cannot go over £500.

3. Jack

Jack

Sep 6, 2003
    Newcastle, UK
    That cab would be fine with 300W. But the point is moot because into an 8ohm cab the head only puts out 180W. :)

Im not gonna comment on Warwick vs Ashdown, that really up to that you like the sound of most. The same can be said for a 410 vs 115 cab.

4. *Munkeh*

*Munkeh*

Apr 16, 2005
    London, UK
    Hey Jack, nice to hear from you again :D

What do you mean the head is only going to be able to pull out 180 watts when the max is 300 watts *confused*

How can i pull out the remaining 120 watts if that cab can only pull out 180 watts from the head?

Im such a n00b at these heads and cabs, i've been living off combo's :(

5. Jack

Jack

Sep 6, 2003
    Newcastle, UK
    Yes, the Ashdown specs are quite misleading. With it being a solid state head, it puts out different amounts of power into different impedances (If that went over your head, go to the Amps FAQ stickied on the board).

The head puts out 180W into 8ohms and 300W into 4ohms. The Mag 210 is an 8ohm cab so youll get 180W. Two Mag210s would combine to make 4ohms, and 300W split between the two cabs (150W each).

And yeah, nice talking to you again. :p

6. *Munkeh*

*Munkeh*

Apr 16, 2005
    London, UK
    Ah yes i understand how grrr... so i need to get a cab that has 4 ohms or get 2 2x10 cabs to make it 4 ohms... i might aswell stick to combo's and get an extension cab lol

Once again thanks for your time and help Jack :)

7. Jack

Jack

Sep 6, 2003
    Newcastle, UK
    No problem.

Dont Warwick make a 4ohm 410? *Devil on your back* ;)

8. *Munkeh*

*Munkeh*

Apr 16, 2005
    London, UK
    I checked their pro range 4/10 which is the cheapest 4/10 they have and its 8 ohms *makes the devil fall of his back* :D