Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ashdown mag300/dr bass 2x12 dimensions...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by spockrock79, Feb 17, 2005.

1. spockrock79

spockrock79

Dec 7, 2004
    NC
    ok, forgive this question...i think i've already figured it out but just want some input from the masters...i just got my ashdown mag 300 yesterday, ordered it from zzounds, dimensions from their website lists the mag300h at 19" width. drbasscabs.com lists the width of the rx2x12 at 20.25. upon breaking out the mag yesterday, it appeared a lot wider than 19"(25" in fact). now, i ordered my 2x12 from marc about 2 wks ago that should be coming soon. a 2x12 cab would lead me to believe at least 24" in width...perhaps a missprint on the drbass site? will the ashdown be too wide for the cab?

this is my first foray into head/cab territory, i suppose i'm just being anal and can't really wait to get the cab and rock it...

2. drbasscabs.com lists the width of the rx2x12 at 20.25.
    That's correct...... :D .......it's taller than it is wide !

i ordered my 2x12 from marc about 2 wks ago that should be coming soon. That's interesting.... :eyebrow: .....I ordered mine on 12/10/04 & I STILL don't have it !!!!! a 2x12 cab would lead me to believe at least 24" in width...perhaps a missprint on the drbass site? will the ashdown be too wide for the cab?

Yes, it's too wide ! :crying:

JJ

3. spockrock79

spockrock79

Dec 7, 2004
    NC
    i have no problem with marc. he's been really straightforward when i talked to him. i suppose i can turn the cab on its side or the head will be hanging off...whatever...i still can't wait for the cab...

4. DannyB

DannyB

Aug 17, 2004
    I've posted this pic before, so sorry if you don't want to see it again....

If you lay the Dr Bass cab on its side, it fits perfectly. But you'll want to use a towel for a buffer because those Dr Bass cabs are slick with the coating he uses. Works great for me. Just peel off the name plate and reglue it to look right.

[​IMG]