1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

ashdown mag300 + mag410 help

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by parker_mysterio, Mar 17, 2010.

1. parker_mysterio

parker_mysterio

Jun 8, 2009
    so i got one of these amps of a mate to road test for awhile and i have been fiddling with tone for awhile and i cant seem to get a smooth but punchy tone, a little bit like the bass player from our lady peace, or even just a standard warm natural bass tone. can anyone help me at all get one of these sounds?

I am playing a music man string ray through it also if it helps

2. I would say leave everything at noon and focus on the mids knobs and see if that helps...

the ashdown 180 blue head could get a bit 'grindy' but the 300 MAG seems to be ultra ultra smooth that it pretty much puts me off,... that and I get sick of trying to find a sweet spot for different basses,...

it is a good amp and I do love that cabinet but the head just didnt do it for me after a while...

with the stingray maybe try leaving things at 12 and just bumping the low mids and mids and see if that makes the natural stringray punch comes through?

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 24, 2020