1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ashdown MAG600h problem

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by idcbassist, Apr 17, 2010.

1. So I've had this head for probably a little over a year. I got it for $300 new when MF had that sale on it. It served me alright through about 25 gigs. I only use it at the occasional gig and practice once per two weeks. So on monday, I turned it on for practice, and I started playin around, and just about 30 seconds after turning it on, the VU meter started getting dim every time I plucked the strings. This has happened before several times, but I would just move the cables around, and it'd stop.

So anyway, it was going dim again, and then it just turned off. The amp shut down, and there was a burning smell, but no smoke or anything. I've opened it up, it wasn't a fuse. Any idea what could've gone wrong with it? I'm wanting a new head anyway, because I've always found it to be underpowered, but I really hate to see my $300 just down the drain.