ASHDOWN MAGNIFIER 600 POWER AMP

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Dendavy89, Dec 25, 2021.

1. Dendavy89

Dendavy89

Dec 25, 2021
    Hi guys!

I'm new here so i hope that i ask this in the right section.

I have the opportunity to buy a ashdown magnifier 600W power amp.
    Does someone have more experience with this power amp? Is it reliable?

I want to use it with a preamp (EBS microbass 2, tech 21 bass driver, hx stomp,...)

Thx!!

Greetz from Belgium!

2. As far as I know they're very reliable.
    I don't recall hearing many, if any, problems with em

Dendavy89 likes this.
  3. legalbass

legalbass

Jul 2, 2020
    Chicago
    I had the 1000 briefly. I expect the 600 will make your speaker cabinet sound reliably good and loud while also helping you develop arm and upper body strength.

4. agedhorse

agedhorse Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Development Engineer-Mesa Boogie, Development Engineer-Genzler (pedals), Product Support-Genz Benz
    You might check with your local service guys to be sure they can still get parts and support from Ashdown.

legalbass likes this.
  5. I use a 16 year old Ashdown head and it hasn`t missed a beat. I don`t know about Belgium but in the UK they have a great rep for customer service and are super helpful.

I do know that they can service and repair any ABM or MAG no matter what the age of the product so I would imagine a competent amp guy in your country would be able to sort any problems.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 27, 2022