Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ashdown........Marvellous!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Paul A, Jun 7, 2002.

1. Paul A

Paul A

Dec 13, 1999
    Hertfordshire U.K!
    Last Saturday we had a "Mini Festival" in the rear of the local pub (Very large garden - more like a field).
    6 bands playing for the afternoon and evening.
    The "Stage" was a 40 foot truck trailer.
    Anyhow, I set up my Ashdown electric blue 15 WITHOUT it being DI'd or miked (1200w P.A!).
    This little baby ROCKED!
    ALL of the bands used it and it sounded superb and cut through really well.
    I couldn't beleive that such a a small box could make such a BIG sound!
    Well done Ashdown!
    :)

2. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    I'll second that :)

3. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland

It's a great little amp isn't it!!! I'm very impressed with mine - although haven't played outdoors with it yet!

4. fleetwood

fleetwood

Aug 29, 2001
    Swansea UK
    Hi you guys
    Last Monday evening we did a Jubilee gig in a marquee. It was a dance with 250 - 300 people there. It was the 3rd gig for my C115-500 and boy did it produce the goods. I don't think I could have pushed my EB130-15 that far though. I tried it through the PA on the previous evening at a sound check but it caused one of the PA speaker cabs to resonate so I didn't go down that road and kept it separate.

5. Hey, if you liked the electric blue, try the ABM500!
    AND -Ashdown does manufactur great cabs too....
    I'd recommend a 410, a 115 and the additional sub-unit for the octaver...... WOW!!!!!!!

6. The last 5 responses were all from Europeans..

I get the feeling that the USA bass players are more than happy with SWR, Eden et al...

I too have an ABM....iT'S GREAT.. but is it as good as the top US brands..hmmmm

Could it be that Ashdown is expensive in the US and Eden & SWR is expensive in the UK....or are we all loyal patriots....Tone vs National identity!! argh

Are there any Argentinians in this forum..1-0!! :D

7. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    Im LOVING my Ashdown!!!!!!

8. fivestringdan

fivestringdan Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2001
    Little Rock, AR
    I love my MAG15. It sound great!

9. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    Does anyone have any experience with the RPM-1 preamp? I hate the fact that it looks like it takes two rack spaces but if the tone/price are right, I just may look into one.

10. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    There are reviews on Harmony-central.com. And there is someone here what uses one with the Aguilar 400W tupepoweramp.:eek:

BTW I love my ABM300.;)

11. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    I just want to add a couple of different preamps. The Ashdown may be an option.
    [​IMG]

12. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    Yeah, I saw those reviews. One was extremely positive and the other was somewhat negative. The HC reviews are kind of suspect to me anyway. I don't know if I would make a purchase based solely on them. ;) Hopefully someone else will have more info to offer. What kind of music do you play jock?

13. Well, I like SWR and G&K a lot too!
    The top-models of those two and a Glockenklang
    were the amps that -to my ears- could compete
    with the Ashdown ABM500, but, yes, -the top-models from these brands are almost twice as expensive here in europe. So the choice was easy.

------------------------------------
    Take a visit to my band:
    Hawkings Ahab

14. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Anyone in the US wanna tell me where to buy one for a good price?

Hopefully I will be loving mine in a few months!

Peace
    Nick

15. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    JAUQO III-X was nice enough to tell me that the
    Bass Palace was the place to deal with for Ashdown purchases. Check them out.

16. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Thanks Ebozzz.seriously THE BASS PALACE has the best prices on the Ashdown line next to getting it strait from Ashdown.and I mentioned in the effects post a few weeks ago that Ashdown will be offering a foot pedal version of their Sub-Harmoniser soon.

17. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Thanks for the info on the bass palace.

Now im just curious how long I have to wait before I can get the foot pedal version of the subharmonizer.

Peace
    Nick

18. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Mark Gooday has told me that it will premier at winter NAMM. but I may have one sooner and if so I will put up a pic.

19. Pre EB

Pre EB

Mar 15, 2002
    Denton, Tx
    OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH!:D I wonder if you could run that pedal into a dbx120a or a Kosmos and get a doubly-sub massive sound!! I NEED one now! And some Meyer Sound powered subs, and a five string, and a 400+, and a.........a...a...:confused: I'm gonna go finish cleaning the house.

20. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.