Ashdown MiBass 220W 1x10 Combo - Any Good?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by kitchen10, Jan 1, 2019.

Tags:
  1. kitchen10

kitchen10

Jan 1, 2019
    Hi all,

I've currently got a TC Electronic BG250 115 combo and I love it to bits, but it's total overkill for my needs. I'm on the lookout for a small and lightweight combo that I can use for practise and the occasional jam and one of these came up locally for £150 (about US $190). I can't seem to find too much about them online and they seem to have been discontinued for some time. Has anyone tried one of these out?

Cheers!
    Henry

2. KJMO

KJMO Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2015
    I would hesitate because it seems there have been lots of complaints about the reliability of the mibass amps. Plus, it's probably 50/50 that it would keep up in jams.
    I'd stick with your present amp, or maybe if you like the TC amps, you could get a smaller one, like the 12" or 2x8?. Alternatively, you could look at the GK mb112 or the Fender Rumble 110, but really, would they be enough different to go to the trouble?

3. kitchen10

kitchen10

Jan 1, 2019
    Thank you. If there's issues with the head then I'd best look elsewhere. It was worth a shot! I think I'll give Markbass a try.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 27, 2022