1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ashdown new stuff!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Flintlock, Feb 17, 2008.

1. Flintlock

Flintlock

Jul 3, 2007
    Southampton
    Well it appears Ashdown have had a shuffle of their website, and they've got rid of the old superfly range, and replaced it with this stuff...

http://www.ashdownmusic.com/bass/section.asp?section=labs

Two heads that occupy the old Superfly niche, with single power amp stuff (no more 2x250w at 4 ohms each rubbish!)

Furthermore, LUMINESCENT COLOURS. What was the world before Luminescent colouring other then trace elliot.

2. The Little Giant looks very nice!! I'm looking forward to getting my big rig sorted so I can start on a mini rig. So many lightweight options these days; Markbass, Ashdown, Genz Benz...

3. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Pretty soon we'll all have to give up our giant rigs. Dinosaurs,...it gives new meaning.

4. CElton

CElton I'm a new note finder...

Actually, the Little Giant 1000 is 2x500w...:meh:.

5. David J.

David J.

Dec 1, 2006
    South Bend, In
    diggin' the little giant 350!
    @ 3(kg) that's cool.

6. kirkm24

kirkm24

Jan 1, 2007
    Columbus, Ohio
    The Little Giant heads look very cool. I just wish they could be mono and just send the full wattage in one 4 ohm signal. I guess if you have two 4 ohm cabs though you would appreciate it.

This might sound totally stupid and I apologize in advance for being an idiot but do they make a split Y speakon cable? This would make the amp think it was sending two 4 ohm signals out but it would go into 1 cabinet. Do you think this could be done without frying the amp?

7. Stromrider

Stromrider

Feb 16, 2008
    CT, USA
    Don't ever parallel one amp output with another unless you really don't like the amp. Bridging is the only way to combine two amp channels into one, short of redesigning the output sections.

8. Maladroit1

Maladroit1

Jul 7, 2004
    St. Louis
    Has anybody heard when these amps are supposed to hit stores? We all know that a product being "released" does not necessarily mean that it is "available". I would love to check one of these out.