Ashdown on Ebay, would you be weary?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by vegaas, Jun 10, 2005.

1. vegaas

Nov 6, 2001
  2. Fred312b

Fred312b What if I want to play jazz precisely? Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    there's the fact that he has no feedback, and the fact that he's using a stock website picture of the amp. if you can get him to send you real pics, and if you use paypal (i believe they will refund you if you get ripped off) then i'd feel easier about it. that being said, being the big city boy i is, i wouldn't risk it. momma always said, if it's too good to be true, it probably is. :bassist:
  3. I would only bid on something like that if i was picking it up . . .
  4. Most likely a scam. I knew this looked familiar.

Check this out

Exactly the same add - its from Australian ebay and the amp sold a few days ago.

The Wally didn't even take out the fact its from a music store in Brisbane (my city in Australia).

5. It's a copy alright- I nearly bid on that amp, the Australian one the other day- shame I didnt it went hell cheap.

Steer clear of sellers selling highend stuff with zero feedback- if your weary ask them a few questions that only music people would know- and is hard to find out. They will go wrong every time!

6. illidian

Jul 2, 2004
    Well, it may be a scam; but it may not be.

Sellers with little or no feedback usually get few bids - most people won't bid on their items. However, often these sellers are legit, and the winner gets the item for a steal of a price.

However, with only a stock picture of the amp, I'd contact the seller privately and discuss with him before bidding.