Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ashdown or Behringer

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by kurtolo, Nov 3, 2005.

1. kurtolo

kurtolo

Nov 3, 2005
    Italy
    Hello,
    I have to buy a new amp.

Last week I try ASHDOWN ELECTRIC BLUE 15-180 and the sound was pretty good.

Do you know this amp?

And BEHRINGER BX1200? It cost about 100 euro less than the ASHDOWN

What is the better amp?

Fabi :hyper: o

2. Sorry dude, but there's nearly no comparison.

The Ashdown is MILES ahead ;)

If your choice is between these two, get the Ashdown.

My preference is for the 12" EB-180 combo rather than the 15" version, but that's me ;) I own the Ashdown EB 12-180 and love it.

I used to own a Behringer BX600, and have played the BX1200, and compared to the Ashdown, they're ... well - let's just say not as good :D

:hyper:

3. +1

4. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    +1,000,000...
    Ashdown all the way

5. Ashdown is where it's at. The electric blue is pretty good, but if possible i'd recommend saving a few more pennies for a MAG series combo

6. kurtolo

kurtolo

Nov 3, 2005
    Italy
    Thank u,
    I think that tomorrow I will try Ashdown and Behringer together!!!

7. Ashdown! But if you intend to use it in a band situation, you might want to keep saving and get one of the MAG-combo's. The ashdown might be a bit underpowered for rehersals with a band (and the behringer surely will be).

8. jow83

jow83

Jun 3, 2005
    Sydney, Australia
    don't get the behringer.

9. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    First off, the Ashdown is better. The Berhinger may sound somewhat decent if you get one that doesn't burn the first time you use it, and it may even sound good. But its a gamble, if you get a bad one its just poof and you don't have any customer service whatsoever. I wouldn't recommend either really though... I love Ashdown heads but hate their speakers.

10. Regarding the EB 12-180 compared to the Mag series, I have a Mag300 head and Mag 410 cab, and also the EB 12-180.

I bought the EB combo to save me lugging the Mag head and cab to rehearsals each week. It's great, and handles band rehearsals easily. We have two guitars, and a drummer playing rock/blues, and the EB combo has plenty of headroom. In fact it's fine for small gigs also.

It has the versatility to handle an extension cab, so I can sit it on top of my mag410 cab for bigger stuff. In that configuration it's producing about the same power as the Mag300 head and 410 cab combination, and moving more air due to the 410+112 configuration.

The mag 300 head still has a place for larger gigs, and I think I'll get a second cab for it, but the EB12-180 is surprisingly versatile and powerful. It's big low mid section cuts through amazingly well. More than once my guitarist has looked up in shock when I really dig in over the bridge LOL :D

;)

:hyper:

:bassist:

11. kurtolo

kurtolo

Nov 3, 2005
    Italy
    Thank you.

Any other opinion for ASHDOWN EB 15-180?