1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ashdown owned by Power Music!?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by leftymike, Mar 5, 2008.

1. leftymike

leftymike

Sep 23, 2006
    Austin Tejas
    So when did Power Music buy Ashdown?? Not that its a bad or good thing. I just haven't heard anything about it until I received an email from customer service and it was from Power.

2. 1kinal

1kinal

Jan 18, 2006
    Montreal, Qc. Canada
    Endorsing Artist: SIT strings
    No, Ashdown is not owned by Power. Power is just the distributor in north america.

They also distribute the MTD Kingston serie (Korean) worldwide.

They are really nice guys located in Toronto, Canada.

3. leftymike

leftymike

Sep 23, 2006
    Austin Tejas
    Thanks, I did some research AFTER I posted and found some good info on them.

4. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist

Contrary to popular belief, all of the GTA is NOT Toronto!

Power Music Group is in Mississauga, just west of Toronto, in Southern Ontario! :)

5. 1kinal

1kinal

Jan 18, 2006
    Montreal, Qc. Canada
    Endorsing Artist: SIT strings
    Haha I knew someone would comment on that :smug: I just thought that it'd be better to say Toronto for our US buddies.

I've been to Power office and warehouse and seeing a 3 storey high wall full of ashdown boxes was a great feeling :bassist:

6. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    Yeh, I played an MTD ZX prototype through an Ashdown rig at MIAC and was pretty impressed with it! Nice amps!