Ashdown Perfect Ten Mini Rig

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by tombowlus, Feb 16, 2005.

1. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    These look intriguing, and rumor has it, the whole shebang costs less than $270. Has anyone tried these out?

Ashdown Perfect Ten Mini Rig
  2. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    I would love one of them but I think my wife would kill me! :(

I too would like to know if anyone has had a chance to play one.

3. I am hot to trot for this rig and its sister guitar rig too. I think it is selling for 270.00 on some web sites.

I don not know of anyone who has tried them at NAMM. So we don't know if they are decent or not. Did anyone email AShdown regarding theese rigs to see what they say?On second thought what would they tell us other then they're great. :D

Might be worth it to take the plunge. HMMM tempting!!!!

Mark :bassist:
  4. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    I think you should do it... ;):ninja:

Actually, these look like they have the same Jensen driver that was in the Mini 10T. Considering what a single Mini 10T sold for, this rig seems like quite the bargain.
  5. I emailed Ashdown asking for any additional info they could tell me about the mini 10. The questions I asked were about the quality and integrity of the rig.

Here is what Martin said. "When you get to play the mini 10 rig you will be shocked. It has superb sound for such a small stack, really it is great! And looks cool to boot.

He also said that they were going to be showing some new footswitches at Frankfurt show.
    They have something special a secret new product being introduced that is compact, lightweight, and powerful. I wonder what it will be.

Has anyone taken the plunge and gotten the mini 10 yet?

6. De Teng

De Teng

Oct 27, 2003
    Utrecht, Holland
    A bit related to this amp (and topic), perhaps worth mentioning I recently bought the Ashdown After Eight. It is the eight inch combo, the smallest and cheapest they make. Ashdown mentions that the Mini rig is genetically related to the amplifier-design of the Perfect Ten, which is the 'little bigger brother' of the After Eight.

It is quite astonishing that the combo delivers such a great sound for the unbelievable low-price. The guy who built my bassguitar his face was full of disbelief: 'Man.. you can't hardly buy a speaker for the amount of money... does it actually have an amp inside?' But when he heard it, he was looking like he first met ET. 'Very strange... the bass just sounds like itself...A jazzbass sounds like a jazzbass. You don't need the booming stuff at home just for practicing off course, so this is a very nice box!' :cool:

15W isn't much.... but enough to get some decent volume, not irritating the neighbours and to get your girl/woman satisfied. I used it at home with a friend of mine who plays saxophone for some jazzstandards . It handles it well enough, I'm not kiddin'... talking about 15 tiny Watts! :cool:

I can't think of the Mini-rig that would disappoint you. Hope this small reply helps you a bit?
  7. TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    When I emailed him some time ago he mentioned some light weight power amps that could fit in a shoulder bag so should be good what ever it is.