1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ashdown Problem

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by KrispyJones, Jun 30, 2007.

1. KrispyJones

KrispyJones

Dec 3, 2006
    hi guys,

what can it be if the low input doesnt give a sound !?
    i had to plug the double bass and the e bass in the high input !?

is this normal ? did anyone have the same problem ?

greets and thanks for your help

chris

2. *smb

*smb

Nov 26, 2006
    It won't be anything serious - there's only a resistor and capacitor between the two inputs so if one is working there's nothing major to fix. Most likely the jack needs replacing.

3. KrispyJones

KrispyJones

Dec 3, 2006
  4. Harps

Harps

Feb 22, 2006
    ?
    The low input is for active basses and high is for passive, or were you being sarcastic?

5. mellobud

mellobud

May 17, 2007
    Missouri
    High Input IS for passive basses and Low Input IS for active basses...So you will get more sound from the double in the High input.

6. Note that these things don't mean you can't plug an active in the high input and a passive in the low, granted its not suggested, but you could do it and you should get some sound from teh bass in the low input whether or not its active.

7. KrispyJones

KrispyJones

Dec 3, 2006
    thanks ! than its allright and im just plugging my passive basses into the high input. i was affraight because i didnt know what high "instruments" meant (my small combo got a "aktive" "passive" name under the input, so its clear there)

thanks for your help !

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 6, 2021