Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ashdown Problem

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassbloke, May 15, 2003.

1. bassbloke

bassbloke

Feb 26, 2002
    UK
    On my last gig my Ashown C110 1 x 10 made a horrendous loud droning noise when switched on. After some fidding about switching it off and on, playing around with speaker leads etc the noise disappeared but the amp is now a fraction of its previous volume. It was only the second time I'd used it with my new 4 x 8" extension cab.

I'm going to need to put this in for repair but would be interested in talkbasser's views on what the problem might be and whether the extension cab could had caused it.

Sorry if this seems technically illiterate - the truth is I am.

2. lsimy

lsimy Supporting Member

Apr 18, 2003
    Virginia, USA
    Bassbloke, I'd certainly write to Mark Gooday at Ashdown on that one. He's a super guy and extremely helpful. He really stands behind his product so if anyone will know what the issue is, it will be Mark.

http://www.ashdownmusic.co.uk/static/contact.html

3. bassbloke

bassbloke

Feb 26, 2002
    UK
    Thanks. I've put it back to the retailer for repair - I'll see what happens but may contact Mark.

4. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Better check your nominal impedance. I've got a suspicion that the extension cab has created a load the amp can't handle.