Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ashdown purchasing

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fenderx55, Sep 14, 2005.

1. fenderx55

fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    NYC/Queens
    Ok, i really want the evoII 410, but i don't have the scratch. My dad however, is in europe all the time. Since ashdown is a british company (right?) would it be cheaper to buy it there and ship it back as "office supplies no resale value" ? or to just buy it here because the pound and euro is kicking our ass?

2. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    I'm not so sure it would be much cheaper there. If it is, its by a narrow margin probabally. The Euro is pretty strong right now (and I think the pound is too). Have you ever tried out the EVO with the 410 (seeing that you can't seem to find one...)? Its best to try before you buy, and quite frankly, while I've found Ashdown head units to be completely awesome, I hate their cabs with a passion.

3. fenderx55

fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    NYC/Queens
    no i found one in this tiny music store by me, and eventually i will get one, I was just seeing if there was a cheaper way. I looked at the combo, what bothers u about the cabs? i loved the sound, but i didn't spend that long with it.

4. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    Just didn't impress me much. The lows didn't seem to present to me, and the highs a bit hissy. Try the head out with another cab and I bet you could tell the difference.