Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ashdown refurbished blem blowout

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Osobass, Nov 30, 2003.

1. Heads up. I just noticed that Musician's Friend is blowing out lots of blem refurbished Ashdown equipment. What in the world is going on?

I also noticed several new belm items from Ashdown dealers showing up on ebay. From one ebay explanation it seems that many items have had packing damage from the factory and are being distributed for retail sale at approximately 50% of list. Sounds pretty interesting to me...especially the ABM 575W EVO II for $699 and the compact 4x8" cab for $499.

Maybe the rest of us can finally afford Ashdown. Am I missing something, or is this a sweet deal?

2. erikwhitton

erikwhitton Guest

Sep 20, 2002
    Portland, ME USA
    interesting. i ordered an ashdown combo from thebassplace (on ebay) a few months ago and it was sent in it's original factory packaging - which was basically nothing. the amp was in a cardboard box with NO PADDING WHATSOEVER.

needless to say it arrived broken. I was able to open it up and get it working (the power transformer rivets had busted and a few wires had become disconnected).

The store insisted this was how ashdown packaged their product - but they use a currier who takes good care of stuff in transit. once it goes to UPS or FedEx though - i don't trust it.

i have a feeling this could be why MF has so many refurb deals.

-erik