1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ashdown RM-C210T-500 combo or Markbass CMD121P

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by parafanaylya, Sep 3, 2017.

Which Amp?

Poll closed Sep 4, 2017.
  1. Ashdown

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Markbass

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. parafanaylya

parafanaylya

Sep 2, 2017
    none
    I live in a remote town in South Africa.

Both units are locally represented - Ashdown looks good, but never heard one. Markbass I heard at a gig sounded great. I can't drive the 1000km/600 miles and need to buy online.

Squier Jazz playing mainly rock & pop (don't like) covers at open mic gigs. My leaning is towards post-punk, grunge, blues, rock, Balkan, a little reggae. Influences include Lou Reed, Elvis Costello, Tom Waits, Bassists - as heady a mix as my tastes.
    Loved playing through a Trace Elliot 300W 4x10 combo once many years ago - can still remember the sound.

Looking for a punchy sound with clean, clear lows.

2. BillMason

BillMason Supporting Member

Mar 6, 2007
    Sorry nobody replied - did you get your amp selection made?

I own the CMD121P, I bought it used about 7 years ago, and it is really awesome. The tone is superb, and the entire thing is very light, and more than loud enough for playing with an acoustic drummer. I've gigged with it, but most of my gigs have been in smaller venues, like pubs - occasionally I have had PA support, but never really needed it, it was more to make the sound guy happy. I can't speak for the Ashdown, I have zero experience with it, but you can't go wrong with the CMD121P.