1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ashdown Speaker

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by SpecialAgentKit, Jul 12, 2012.

1. SpecialAgentKit

SpecialAgentKit

Apr 8, 2012
    A while ago I purchased an Ashdown Electric Blue 180 watt combo. Its a fantastic amp, but it turned out to be a lot quieter than I expected, so I'm looking into attaching another speaker to it. However, I actually know very little about how this would work and I would like to know what my options are in terms of what speakers I could buy (preferably I'd like another Ashdown one) and how I would attach it to my amp. Could anyone help me?

2. chatterbox272

chatterbox272

Apr 12, 2012
    you should have a couple of speaker outs. If memory serves they are 1/4" jacks on the EB. What you should do is get another cab of the same speaker size as is in the combo (unless you have a very good reason to mix sizes then don't , it's more trouble than it's worth).

3. SpecialAgentKit

SpecialAgentKit

Apr 8, 2012
    Is the size of the speaker the only thing I should worry about, or do I have to take voltage and other things into account? Also, can I have more than one speaker?

4. SpecialAgentKit

SpecialAgentKit

Apr 8, 2012
    also, would adding an extra speaker actually make it louder, or does it not work like that?

5. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Yes, to get louder, add another IDENTICAL spkr to the one in your combo. So, if it's a 1x15 combo amp, find an Ashdown 1x15 cab @ 8 ohms, and connect it to the ext spkr jack of your combo amp with a SPEAKER cabe, not an instrument lead, and you will gain approx. 6dB of sound.