1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Ashdown "Superfly" FS/FT

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by basszillla, Dec 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Selling my Ashdown Superfly amp head. 250w x 2. Has all the accessories & original box. $225.oo obo
    would trade for tonehammer DI box/power cord or a 4x8 cabinet.

Ashdown Engineering | Bass Amplification

2. = bump =

3. still for sale bump . . . . .

4. TTT bump . . . .

5. bump . . .

6. friday nite bump . . .

7. thursday mornin bumpage - it is packed & ready to ship from a deal that fell thru

8. bumpski

9. super bump

10. Fly bump . . . . .

11. JavaTiggy

JavaTiggy

Jul 11, 2011
    Buffalo, NY
    do you happen to know what wattage this will put out when connected to 1 8ohm cab?

im interested btw, pm me a quote shipped to 11753

12. I'm not sure - couldnt find any info on the website - just says 250 w into 4 ohm cabinet

13. i am set on cabinets for trade now, so just interested in a T H for trades currently . . . (or "trade" for $$$) . . . . . . bump

14. friday bump

15. sunday bump

16. lethargytartare

lethargytartare

Sep 7, 2004
    Chicago
    It's 250W, stereo, and that is at 4ohms, so one side plugged into an 8ohm cab should give you 125watts there.

I have one, and it's such a cool amp! if you shed the aluminum shell, it's pretty compact, and with a midi board it's pretty cool to be able to switch between a number of different configurations. One thing I read about someone doing was programming their board so each bank of options that would be available to his pedal board would make a variety of room-specific EQ changes. So, on the fly, he could adjust his tone if, when everyone was roaring, he felt boomy or thin, etc. I like it because I have a couple of pedal configs that I like to pair with a really really mid-rangey sound, and most other times I like a rounder slap tone...the whole midi control thing means you can go kinda crazy. And that also made it -- for me anyway -- a great tone experimentation amp. Being able to bounce around through tone variations with a midi board meant I didn't have to stop playing, tweak the knobs, play again...

Here's a shot of mine, including the aluminum tool case I use to tote it around.

Ashdown Superfly 500 :: Ashdown Superfly, without shell picture by jah_60025 - Photobucket

And you can program the EQ on your computer using their software and a USB cable...and if you use it to experiment with a series of tonal variations, setting those up on the computer it a lot easier.

Honestly, for the price here, you really get a lot of amp!

Cheers!
    ltt

17. weekend bump

18. ErnieD

ErnieD

Nov 25, 2004
    Atascocita,TX.
    could this amp be used with a 8 ohm + 4 ohm cab then? I sometimes stack a Neox 112T over a 212T with my 2 ohm modded, GB NeoPak. Does the superfly have that ABM tone or different? Not alot of watts to offer each cab tho, huh.

19. lethargytartare

lethargytartare

Sep 7, 2004
    Chicago
    Well, if you use 2 cabs, you're not sacrificing anything. I'm no expert, but as I understand it, if you pump 500watts from a mono amp into 2 cabs (all things being equal), the power is being split across the 2 cabs -- so, basically 250w to each cab. What you lose in a stereo amp that can't be bridged is the ability to pump all 500 watts into a SINGLE cab. So if you wanted to play a single cab setup, your max would be 250w.

And, yes you can use a 4ohm and an 8ohm -- but you could do that with a mono amp too (assuming it could run safely at 2.6ohms)

Can't speak to the ABM tone -- not familiar with that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.