1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ashdown Superfly

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Harps, Jul 22, 2007.

1. Harps

Harps

Feb 22, 2006
    Right this may seem to be a newb question but, what is it?
    Ive seen it around quite cheap i dont understand if its just an amp cos it seems too cheap for what you get it cos ive heard alot of hype about it, i was wondering if you need something else to go with it?

2. Bassist30

Bassist30 Supporting Member

Mar 19, 2004
    NEW YORK
    Yea I have seen the drop in price. I would think they are discontinuing it. I have not heard too much about it but it does seem like a nice bargain. Maybe because I have not seen to many - if any - users making comments about it. But it has nice features and light so it would be a nice head to consider.

3. optikhog

optikhog

Apr 2, 2007
    St. Peters, MO
  4. melt

melt

May 16, 2007
    I recently tried out a load of gear of all different kinds (Fender, Warwick, Marleux, Rickenbacker, Musicman etc) through a Markbass Jeff Berlin combo, Ashdown ABM500 combo, and a Superfly with an Accugroove Tri110. The Supefly/Accugroove combination blew the others into the dust. It was like getting a new pair of ears. What was wonderful was not only could I get a fantastic sound using a Warwick Thumb 5, but I could get the best sound I've ever had from my old Ric 4000. Often I find gear won't do both; it's either hifi or old school. With this setup, such labels become irrelevant. I've just bought 2 new basses so cash is short, but I'm seriously thinking of trying to get a Superfly or possibly even get rid of my ABM500 and get 2!