Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ashdown versus Avatar cabs?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Fret Boiler, Jun 29, 2004.

1. Fret Boiler

Fret Boiler Pity World

Apr 12, 2004
    Purdue University
    Hello, I'm trying to decide on the Avatar B410 or the Ashdown MAG 410T. Can anybody give me the scoop on these. I've read a bunch of great things around here about Avatar, but I know very little about Ashdown cabs.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. sloppysubs

sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    ashdown sound very good. they have good response on every end. however they are extreamly heavy and dont have casters. otehrwise, monster cabinets.

3. avatars are really great cabs i own the avatar 2x12 and it is a great cab! it is very effecient so i only put around 150 watts through it and it is loud enuff to break through a very loud drummer and a loud guitar amp.

4. Electricmayhem

Electricmayhem

Dec 18, 2003
    NH
    I'm also interested in hearing about the MAG 410. It's one of the cabs I'm considering for my first foray into the world of cab setups.

Everyone always says how Avatar will kill low end, so how would the MAG hold up with my 5 string?

5. sloppysubs

sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC

i dont know about the mag, but considering they are made from the same company...but different places. i woudl imagine the mag will hold that low b without a problem. my new abm 414 hold d, c and b just fine. i would imagine they are the same in that respect, however i could be wrong.

6. I love the MAG cabs... much lighter and a little bit smaller than the abms and sound a little better to my ears! although obviously power handling is a little less!

i haven't heard the avatars cos' i live in the uk but imagine they are very versatile and people always say how great their efficiency is