1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ashdown VS Trace Elliot

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Tojo7, Sep 11, 2008.

1. Tojo7

Tojo7

Jul 17, 2006
    Portugal
    Hey guys, so here's the deal:

I'm probably buying an used Trace Elliot AH350SM and a Trace 1084 8x10 cab...

I'm buying the head mostly because the guy who's selling it to me only deals the head and cab together (and I'm doing it mostly for the cab)...at a GREAT price...

And, I also have an Ashdown MAG300H from 2007...

I don't need 2 heads so I'll sell one of those...

So, in your opinion, just to give me a guide...which one should I keep...

thanks in advance

2. badboy1984

badboy1984

Mar 27, 2007
    United Kingdom
    i take the Trace Elliot, i use ashdown mag300H myself too but i'm looking into other amps atm too

3. gotmule?

gotmule?

Apr 24, 2008
    Try them them both out and see which tone you like more.

4. UncleBalsamic

UncleBalsamic

Jul 8, 2007
    UK
    I'd get the Trace but check them both out to see which is best for you.

5. Gearhead43

Gearhead43

Nov 25, 2007
    NorCal
    Never hurts to have a backup amp. I'd keep them both. They both offer different and unique sounds that I would use equally for different music.

I loved my old Trace head thru my "fridge" 8x10. That rig drove a loud reggae band for many years.

I also like the Ashdown sound, too.

I want to get a Little Mark II asap, but I know I would regret selling my SWR, so I am waiting :meh: (I hate waiting) till I can afford the Markbass without selling my current head.

I plan on eventually having a few different heads, you can't have too many! Well....maybe you can....:D

6. Tojo7

Tojo7

Jul 17, 2006
    Portugal
    Thanks!

Maybe I'll keep them both for now...but I'm saving for an all-tuber so one of these babies will have to go some time...the one I'll keep will serve me as the back up...