Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ashdown watts and ohms

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by metallicaorion, Aug 20, 2005.

1. metallicaorion

metallicaorion

May 31, 2005
    Oswego IL
    Ok this has been driving me crazy and i know i'm gona get smacked by the older guys but i'v been playing for a while and i am looking into saving for a half.

Ok ashdown Mag 300
    300 watts
    minimum independince 4 ohms

Ashdown Mag Deep 410
    8 ohms
    350 watts

if i ran that rig it wouldent be performing at its top right? because its not as loud if ur running a 4 ohm head through a 8 ohm cab.

i'm just confused as all heck so it would be great if some helped me out

Matt

2. TheChariot

TheChariot

Jul 6, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Basically, with the 8ohm cab, your head would put out about 200Watts. Sounds lame... but the positive factor in this, is the fact that if you add another 8ohm cab for expansion later on (which you will likely want to), your head will put out its full 300Watts to be used between the 2 cabs.

It seems like a lot to absorb at first, but you'll figure it out.

3. metallicaorion

metallicaorion

May 31, 2005
    Oswego IL
    ok thanks alot man... i'm looking into a half so i'm trying to figure out what i should do to get maximum performance but not spend my lifes savings. thanks for the help

Matt

4. TheChariot

TheChariot

Jul 6, 2004
    Boston, MA
    www.avatarspeakers.com

Cant beat the deal that you'd get on a B212 + MAG. I'd still go with an 8ohm cab though... because having the ability to expand upon your cone surface is really important to your volume. Much more than a measely 100Watts.

5. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    +1

Dave at Avatar has definately got the deal going on.

B212 $279 + $42 s+h
    MAG300H $268 and free s+h
    $589 to your door! :bassist: