Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ashdown : wonderful feedback !

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by JayAmel, May 20, 2002.

1. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    Just a short story...

I emailed Ashdown today, to get an information I couldn't get about the ABM combos.

I got an accurate reply... 16 minutes later ! The reply was signed by Mark Gooday (I assume it was really him who replied).

After being impressed by the Ashdown amps, I am impressed by the Ashdown reactivity (I'm still expecting for a reply from Eden to an email I sent them 3 weeks ago...).

There's no more doubt for me : as it seems I have missed the vintage SVT I was about to get, I'm going Ashdown.

All the best,

2. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Ive e-mailed them many times and Mark himself have always answered within a day. Great customer support and my ABM300 sound great.

3. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    I concur - this seems to be a company that is trying hard for it's customers. Tha amps look and sound good, and when I mailed a query to them it is answered quickly!

4. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    Hope they won't be bought out by Gibson... :rolleyes:

All the best,

5. WinterBass

WinterBass

May 19, 2002
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Endorsing Artist: MTD
    I have had nothing but great experience with Mark and Ashdown.

When I first purchased my ABM-400, the covering seperated. He sent me a brand new amp casing. They also upgraded to the 500watt version shortly after my purchase and they upgraded my amp at no cost.

I agree that it has an SVT vibe to it! You will love your purchase!

Good Luck!
    Eric Winter

6. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    That makes two of us!!!!:)

7. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Does anyone here know where I can get a good price on Ashdown amps and combos?

Would an ABM300 have anough power for a pretty big gig? How about a 500? God-damm those music stores that dont let you crank the amps.

Peace
    Nick

8. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    On a related note, I once had an equally quick correspondence with Mindprint (www.mindprint.de). I sent them two e-mails, their response time was 14 and 18 minutes respectively. If all companies could have a customer service like that! Well, at least there's two of them now!