Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Thunderbird91, Dec 20, 2005.

1. jrduer

Jun 27, 2005
    Georgetown, TX
    In my opinion, you can't go wrong with Ashdown amps. I don't know about their cabs (I use an Aguilar GS212).

Unless you're intent upon having a stack, you might look into the Ashdown MAG C210T, which is a MAG 300 head in a combo with 2 10s and a horn. My son plays rock/grunge/alternative, and he seems to like his really well.

Good luck with your search.

2. pj-mike

Nov 22, 2005
    Bridgewater, MA
    Keep in mind that the 300 watts is at 4 ohms. I'm not sure, but I think the cab you have picked out is 8 ohms.
    I'm guessing about 150-180 watts at 8 ohms. That may be enough for you. If you were counting all 300, you would need need two 8 ohm cabs to get full wattage.
    If you have P.A. support there is an output on the head for that.

I use one of the MAG300 combos and love the sound.
  3. crap i forgot about that whole ohms thing.... back to the drawing board
  4. pablomigraine

pablomigraine Commercial User

Feb 9, 2005
    New York
    VP & Managing Director - Willcox Basses
  5. pj-mike

Nov 22, 2005
    Bridgewater, MA
    That cab should work fine. I forgot to mention that any 4 ohm cab would work as well as the two 8 ohm cabs.
  6. mahrous

Aug 13, 2005
    when i was buying my MAG300H last summer, i bought (and returned it back) an Aggie GS212. it was one of the msot beautiful cabs i have ever played through.

why i returned it? 1. it didnt fit in my car. 2- found it a bit too much to have a 600watts cab for a 300watt amp (it was 8ohms) and it was too expensive. i had to borrow money to buy it. so i just returned it. i mean that the reasons i returned it was far from performance wise.
    i wish i had bought the GS112 in 4ohms ... it was there :( oh the mistakes we make :(

eventually, i ended up with an Eden XST212 which was used and great for the price and only 4ohms to run my amp at max. its cool but not as cool as the Aguilar imo.

as for the Ashdown cab, the MAG ones are not as good as Aguilar/Eden/Ashdown Evo cabs. i have played Ashdown Evos and they were beautiful!!! it was an 8x10 Evo cab and 1x15.
  7. Thank you for the advice. I think im going with the aguilar 410 and the ashdown MAG300. I hope it works out well.