1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ashdown?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Stuggi, Jun 8, 2007.

1. Okay guys, I'm down with ashdown for the moment, and I'm looking at getting a rig for 1200 €.

I'm thinking:
    ASHDOWN ABM500 EVOII
    ASHDOWN MAG115T
    ASHDOWN MAG210T

Now, these are some things I need answered.
    1: Is it possible to run thouse to cabs into that amp in parallell?
    2: If so, will the output from the amp (575W @ 4ohms) be to much for the stack (rated 250W @ 8 ohms for the 115 and 200W @ 8 ohms for the 210)?
    3: Do the cabs have the same footprint so they will stack neatly?

Optional:
    4: Should I go for MAG cabs and EVO amp or EVO cabs and MAG amp?

Thanks guys!

2. johnnycat42

johnnycat42

Feb 27, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Go for the MAG amp if you dont think your are going to use the Tube Blend knob---I didnt think it make a big enough difference for me to justify paying the cash

3. Dunno, I really loved the tube blend on the Hartke HA3500...

4. dude use the search engine... these amps have been covered a trillion gazillion times! =)

5. PSPookie

PSPookie Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2006
    Lubbock, TX
    The Ashdown site says the footprint for both cabs is 604 x 420 (mm) so they should stack nicely.

As to the wattage question: This topic has been covered in detail in various threads. The bottom line is you have to do what you are comfortable with. It will be possible for you to run too much juice through those cabs with that amp. However, it shouldn't be a problem if you are smart about it.

6. Mag head, evo cabs

I really don't like the sound out of the Mag cabs, they're just not as rich as the Evo.

Where the Mag heads sound pretty good when you run them through a good cab, and you can probably live without the tube grind feature.
    (I use the tube grind sparingly in my set up, though it is nice to have)
    You can always throw a sansamp in the chain for a similar effect.

7. I run two MAG 210's (stacked vertically) with an ABM 500 EVO II - and I am really happy...!

8. I'm going to get my butt over to the finnish dealer (only one, in the capitol 700 km away, luckily, I know the guy) and mix and match until I find a combo I like.

Now, it's looking like a 2x10 with a 1x15 or a 4x10 with a 1x15

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 22, 2021