Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by cronus, Jan 17, 2002.

1. cronus

cronus Guest

Jan 17, 2002
    Romulus, Michigan
    does anybody recommend one of theses amps?i saw one at a music store and i think it was a bout 100 and something watts and it was a pretty affordable price. is this something good if you wanna play metal?
  2. If you hit the Search button at the top of the screen and type in Ashdown, you will find more information than you can shake a stick at.'

Great amps.
  3. Cronus, you're probably talking about Ashdown's Electric blue series. They're 130 watts, with either 1x12, or 1x15 inch speakers. I've played through both several times. They sound great. I think Ashdown amps sound similar to Ampeg. Whether or not they're good for metal is up to you.They have a warm sound. You can compare the price you got at:

I recently bought a B100R Ampeg; if I hadn't, I'd have probably bought an Ashdown.

Good luck.
    Mike J.
  4. ive seen the electric blue 12" and 15" at sam ash for less than any internet source. they seem to be good quality for the price. it looks like it may have a tube pre amp. nice smooth controls and good sound. talk em down
  5. i have recently aquired an Ashdown MAG 200 4x10 combo, quite simply the best rig i have ever owned or tried, and i have been playing for 30 yrs. My current band play classic rock, everything from AC/DC to ZZ Top, and all points in between, this rig copes with it all. i still own a Firebass 700, 2x15 crate, and 2x10 MAJ custom built cab, i don't need them anymore. My basses are Warwick and Spector.
  6. drewie

Jan 20, 2002
    Cardiff, Wales, UK
    I've owned an ABM-400 head for the past three years. They are brilliant amps if you like a warm clean tone - just don't expect them to be slappers paradise, that's not the point of them. As an all rounder they are brilliant. Mark Gooday the MD of Ashdown has answered a few queries of mine by email the next day, and I can't fault their customer service at all. In all the time I have owned it, it has never let me down. I find if I leave it on for about an hour before a gig, the tone is just perfect for me.
  7. Dino

Jan 9, 2002
    Cagliari - Italy
    I play my bass through an Ashdown ABM 200 head and an Ashdoun 1510 cabinet. What i have to say is that it sounds grat for me. I played it in a band that was noise oriented, and it was good. Very versatile thanks to the mix input that can give you sounds very different (from clean to grind as a tube amp...+ or -). I think it also can be good for metal, and if you can buy it do it.