Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Squice, Mar 10, 2003.

1. I just bought the Ashdown ABM 500RC EVO rack head and was just wondering, there´s just one speaker output and its at 4omhs, i want to get a 1x15" + 2x10", so i was wondering about that subout at front at the amp, would u plug the 1x15 in the subout? and is the subout at 4omhs too? or should i buy two 8omhs cab and plug them in the speaker out. so i was just wondering about if the subout was at 4omhs and it would be wiser to buy two 4 omhs cabs and plug the bottom in the subout??
  2. jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    That amp can only handle two 8ohm cabs or one 4ohm cab. The sub out on the front is for sending a signal (minus highs) to a separate poweramp or powered sub.
    Plug your cab/cabs into the speaker outputs on the back. But make sure to not go lower than a 4 ohm load.

Hope this helps.:bassist:
  3. My ABM 500 evo head has 2 outputs , 1x 1/4 jack and 1 x Speakon , I'm sure your rack mount head will be the same.

I use mine into a mini48 and a mini 15 , one lead from the head to the 48 , then a lead from the 48 to the 15 , this is as reccomended by the Ashdown dealer , works a treat :D
  4. thanks alot...

i knew that the subout was filtered without highs, just didn´t know it were for powered subs.. i was thinking about aguilar cabs, so its all good, the 1x15" is 8omh and the 2x10" is 4 and 8omh... what cabs do u got with this amp? have u tried aguilar cabs with this amp,,? and do u think it is better to get 2x10" cabs 4 omhs cab and a powered sub? soundwise or the the standard setup 2 8omh cabs?
  5. is there any difference soundwise.. jack or speakon?
  6. don't know , but as the inputs on my ashdown cabinets are jacks I use high quality leads with gold plated jacks , like I said , works a treat :D
  7. jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I use a SWR bigfoot 2x12" with mine but will upgrade to a EBS 410 (I hope) in the future.
    Check out EBS´s cabs and dont let the specs fool you. They sound great.
  8. I used to own trace elliot 300w combo with 4x10" + 1x15" , and really never liked the sound of it.. but i simply just love the ashdown, the ashdown got the same flat sound as the trace but just got´s something extra that i just simply love..

do u think it makes much difference for the bottom to use the subout instead of speaker out the your mini48 and from the 48 to the 1x15, I can see that if u plug in the subout u get pure bottom instead as u do the bottom might leak a little in the mini48, but is there any more difference..?