Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ASHLEY SIMPSON- CAUGHT RED-HANDED!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by fenderbluesdude, Oct 25, 2004.

1. jessica simpsons little sister was caught red-handed on SNL lyp-syncing!!!!!!!! jude law instrodeuced her and her track played, and you could hear her vocie but she was just standing there, she ran off stage and they quickly cut to a comercial.

this is the world of music today, some of these new bands today dont even know how to sing in tune, it is all fixed by producers and the hi-technology today. it makes me so mad that this (Edit - language. ~Mod) can just hire a band with her millions of dollars, and just get a record deal like nothing, and she dosnt even know how to sing! there are so much HARD working GREAT bands today, that can barley get away with affording something to eat on a daily bassis. and there is this millionair chick who wont have to work for the rest of her life, beacuse she is so rich and yet she blamed the band for playing the wrong song on SNL.

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    no way dude.....did you hear about this in the other thread about it?

-Mike

3. JTbass

JTbass

Jul 2, 2004
    Asutin TX
    :eyebrow:

4. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Did you think it was really going to be her singing? Think about what they do you this fame/money. They give up all of their: privacy, hopes for a normal life, musical input, etc. for something that they know is a passing fad.

Whereas the band who never got huge, but lived comfortably kept all of these things.

Also think about what a normal pop singer show is like.

1. Lots of correographed dancing/motion
    2. Thousands of screaming little girls distracting them
    3. Effect lighting and pyrotechnics galore

They have enough to worry about by dancing like an idiot in front of thousands of people and worrying about not stepping on the next flare. Doing all that and singing is impossible for most people.

Conversely, I hate it when a real band uses taped sections (backup vocals/extra instruments/etc.) instead of just having somebody else do them. Case in point, Shinedown's performance on Conan. I kind of disliked the song on the radio, but when they played it lived with taped backup vocals is when I really started to hate it. The parts the bassist, guitarist, and the drummer were playing weren't hard; somebody should have been able to do the backup vocals.

I heard Van Halen does this now with the keyboard parts that were played by EVH in the studio.

5. metalbass101

metalbass101

Jan 24, 2004
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

She is probably best just making videos and letting other people make her songs and getting tattoos on her lower back (almost any girl who is willing to get a above-ass tattoo is a girl who wouldn't hesitate to have have her nose on carpet...if you know what I mean.......RUFF! RUFF!)

Oh that's hilarious.

6. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    Wow, that was ignorant...

7. metalbass101

metalbass101

Jan 24, 2004
    Yea mabye it was . What about it Old Skool? If your going to get confrontational than atleast explain yourself a little more and not play the know-it-all big mature square with one wimpy little statement or just dont say anything at all and avoid things like this. Ignorant? Yea well that thing she did is phony.

8. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Remember that we have minors in our community, so keep it suitable for that audience, please. There's also no need to get worked up on this. Let's rather talk about the Devin Townsend DVD that is supposed to come out... :hyper:

(I mostly agree with you, metalbass! :D )

9. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
  10. Not only was that horrible, but she can't dance at all! Is she trying to be a part of riverdance or something?

Leigh

11. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    Life is good sometimes. :)

Taken from the AS site BBB (haven't looked up the source):

12. You'd think they would have learned from Milli-Vanilli, but no, they did not.

13. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Ashlee. And yea, other thread.

14. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Oh sweet...now I can cull the good jokes from the other thread and post them here as if I came up with them.

brad cook

15. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    Who's Ashlee Simpson?

16. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Wow! A question from the future!