Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Asian Spector Quailty

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by David-Adler, Apr 6, 2001.

1. David-Adler

David-Adler

Feb 28, 2001
    Bonn, Germany
    Hey to all you Spector Freaks,

I´m still in a tos-up between three worlds:

1. Get a Used Bass - $700
    2. Spector NS2000/5 (not Q5) - $600
    3. Spector NS5CRFM - $800

I would like to get the Used One because it sounds great (Phantom Mephisto 5), the Spector 2000 because I could spend a bit of money on other stuff (new strap, new gigbag), and the Spector 5 CRFM because its great.

But how is the overall quality of the NS2000 (Neck Thru), or isn`t it worth the money, if I can get a NS5CRFM for $800 ?

Thanks in advance !

David

2. The NSCR Spector is far superior in sound to the NS2000. I paid full price ($1500 plus tax) each for both of my five string CR's. Why, because even at that price it was a far better deal than the NS2000s for half the price. Go to a Spector dealer near you and try them for yourself!

3. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    The Korean models are great & much better than most if not all basses in their price range. IMO. But you can't compare the Korean to a Czech. The Czech basses are MUCH MORE superior in every way!!! The Czech basses are VERY CLOSE to the USA models & for the price difference you'd be paying, you would do yourself a huge injustice if you deceide in a Korean!!!!

"1. Get a Used Bass - $700"
    What kind of used bass?

4. phogchris

phogchris www.scarsoflife.com

May 27, 2000
    Boca Raton, FL
    Where can you get a NSCR5FM for $800? I really would like to know....please tell me!!!!

5. David-Adler

David-Adler

Feb 28, 2001
    Bonn, Germany
    Thats the market price at my local Music Store (Cologne, Germany). I think its so cheap because its sold to Germany directly from the Czech Republik.

David

6. Where, you ask? www.musiciansfriend.com (in solid gloss black). You just can't go wrong at that price! NINO just bought one.

7. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    To make your search alittle eaiser, <a href="http://www.musiciansfriend.com/ex/shop/home/010404045845004054112229994483?pid=514417">CLICK HERE!!!</a> That'll bring you right to the bass @ Musicians Friend!!!! It's left-over 1999 models w/out the new crown inlays. Everything else is exactly the same as the 2001 $1499.99.

8. phogchris

phogchris www.scarsoflife.com

May 27, 2000
    Boca Raton, FL
    Oh, I know, but its not an FM-flamed maple, I actually bought the solid black one yesterday!! ;)

I was hoping that getting a FM with crown inlays for $800 was not possible, which it isn't anywhere in this country, thank god!! Or I would have been pretty mad!