1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Asking Again.. HA3000 head / Epi 1 x 15 NY Cabinet.. Sounds strange....

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by OldSchoolBass, Aug 27, 2007.

1. I posted this before, but I am still confused by some of the replies. I have an Hartke HA 3000... Believe it is 300 watts into 4 ohms and 180 watts into 8 ohms... I was using one of my Epi cabinets - 1 x 15 older NY series..

If I raised the volume, only talking to 4 or 5 on the head, it would sound distorted and rattle somewhat... I didn't think it was a blown driver, because one of the drivers in my other Epi, a NY Series 2 x 12 had one, and there was NO mistaking. Sounded as tho I was playing In A Gadda Da Vida.

Some said I was "overdriving" some said I was "underdriving".. I was looking in the cabinet, and while the speaker moves during play, this speaker was really moving in and out. I noticed this because I spent a lot of time peering into the cabinet during the show - something wasn't right.

Also, I use active basses, but that doesn't seem to be it either.

Now, this may sound dumb, but we were near a pool. When I picked up our set list, it was really damp from the pool. No splashing, just felt damp. Could the drivers have gotten damp?? Reaching, I know.

Help!!