Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ASODB

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by Joe Taylor, Jul 13, 2002.

1. Joe Taylor

Joe Taylor

Dec 20, 2001
    Tracy CA
    Anyone else going to the American School of Double Bass next week? I am (fair warning.)

If you are you will get the chance to see just how bad I play.

Joe

2. Bijoux

Bijoux

Aug 13, 2001
    Denver-CO-USA
    do you mean bad meaning good?! :)

3. Joe Taylor

Joe Taylor

Dec 20, 2001
    Tracy CA
    BAD as in yuck I did not play for a very long time, once I was a good player now it is like starting all over. At least I know how it is supposed to sound the devil lies in getting make it sound that way.

Joe

4. Bijoux

Bijoux

Aug 13, 2001
    Denver-CO-USA
    well that trip sounds like a lot of fun, I have to plan on doing that sometime, even if not playing just being around all that music and basses etc, must be very exciting, enjoy yourself and let us know about it, thnks.

5. Joe Taylor

Joe Taylor

Dec 20, 2001
    Tracy CA
    I had a great time at ASODB 8 Solid days of playing Bass and hanging out with other bassists.

There were players ranging in age from 9 to over 65 all of them good.

I can tell you one thing. THERE are some real hot young players out there. The days of marginal bass playing are comming to an end.

Doc Mortons combinition of open hand and closed hand technique is a powerfull tool.

Also, Doc Morton has a new CD out you can buy it off his web site by emailing him. There is a tune called Grass Land Song that will knock your socks off. There is also a Gavott that is played above the finger board using harmonics.

Joe