1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

"assembled by Fodera"?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by noam, Oct 30, 2013.

1. noam

noam

Nov 29, 2007
  2. Looks like an Emperor, almost. Doubt it's assembled by Fodera, though.

3. lz4005

lz4005

Oct 22, 2013
    In theory, Fodera could have commissioned a mold to be made, had it cast by someone who does that sort of thing, and then "assembled" it by putting on the frets, tuners, nut, bridge, truss rod if there is one, etc.

Which is not to say that they did. It looks sort of like a trade show display or something.

4. Maybe a 1-off or experiment? Or maybe someone bought all the parts separate and then paid the guys at Fodera to put everything together (which I think some custom shops will do for you).

5. It had dual truss rods. You can see them through the board.

6. lz4005

lz4005

Oct 22, 2013
  7. GTRstore is a reputable place. They sell Foderas. They also ran ads in BP magazine for special GTRstore Foderas. The only way it's not real is if someone stole the GTRstore name and ran with it.

8. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    The GTR Store has had runs of special-order Foderas built for them, and I doubt they would risk their relationship with Fodera by spoofing us about who put that bass together. Unless their identity has been stolen, I'll bet Fodera had a hand in creating that one.

9. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    I thought this was another one Vadym made for something. Given the location, I would absolutely bet they are telling the truth.

10. NicJimBass

NicJimBass Flossin'? I thought your name was Munson! Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Lancaster, OH
    64 Audio · DR Strings · Source Audio · Hipshot
    It's listed on the GTR Store website, for what it's worth.

11. noam

noam

Nov 29, 2007
    Yes, looks like a reliable store. Was thrown by the "assembled by" description, wondering if some person or entity named Fodera outside of the Brooklyn shop had done the work.