1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Assistance

Discussion in 'Music [DB]' started by BHurn, Sep 29, 2008.

1. BHurn

BHurn

Sep 29, 2008
    Baltimore, MD
    Hey guys,
    A friend and I are planning a duet for a solo/ensemble festival in March, and possibly for an earlier school performance in about December. We most likely are going to end up doing Passione Amorosa by Bottesini. However, we originally planned on doing another Bottesini piece, Duetto per due Contrabassi.

In the Duetto piece, I am playing Bass part II, which in the first movement, has a run in which it starts at a high A in second thumb position quarter note, then it goes into 32-notes in a D-major like arpeggio with B thrown in while descending, then reaching an open D before ascending back up to a high F# below second thumb position.
    I want to know how the best way to approach this run would be. It is practically the only very challenging part of this piece. Extra information about this piece, it is marked Allegro Maestoso, so I need a fingering that will be quick for shifting but provide simple intonation.

2. ADissen

ADissen

Oct 5, 2008
    Baltimore MD
    Go,
    1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1 for the whole piece

love ya bud

3. BHurn

BHurn

Sep 29, 2008
    Baltimore, MD
    I just now saw this.

Fake money...Gee, Thanks A**hole.

4. Yeah...I see you're kinda new here. Stuff like this happens.
    I can't help you because I'm a jazzer, but be patient and hopefully, someone with some sanity will come in and lend you a hand.