1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

assorted gut strings Pirastro, Red O Ray

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Bass Amps, Strings, & Accessories' started by labravajazz, Aug 4, 2012.

1. Going through the gut string drawer and found a few odd strings that be just what someone on here will need. FYI the Pirastros I have used either a little or a very little but surplus to my requirements. The RedO Rays I haven't actually tried and unlikely to get a round to it but they are historic strings and even just for the hell of of it they may be worth a try..... all prices include worldwide postage.
    1 PIRASTRO CHORDA E STRING (round wound) only used for a couple of days excellent condition retail about $170 - sell for $85 SOLD
    2 PIRASTRO OLIVE D string (flat wound) good condition lightly used no signs of any winding probs at all that I can see - retail around $120 - sell for $60 SOLD!
    3 PIRASTRO Olive A not used much at all so good condition but silks are worn down, so $50 (retail $129) - SOLD
    4 Red O Ray D string plain gut reasonable condition but I haven't tried it so $40 SOLD
    5 Red O Ray A string (silver round wound) red gut core looks quite OK condition but I haven't tried it, so $40 - SOLD
    6 Red O Ray A string as above but silk in worn down condition otherwise looks quite OK - I haven't tried it, so $35 Sold
    More to come when I get around to listing them.....
    Questions, offers, all welcome within reason.
    PAYPAL
    PS photos available of each of these, if you wish I can email them or put them up on the classifieds - just ask me and I will do :)
    ADDED:
    1 CHORDA plain gut D barely used at all PLUS
    1 CHORDA plain gut G used and a bit rough but I think quite playable if you clean it up a bit $75 for the two. SOLD

1 GOLDEN SPIRAL plain gut D looks OK but I haven't tried it $30 SOLD
    2 PIRASTRO PIZZICATO ROUND METAL WOUND GUT D looking OK SOLD 1 Left only
    1 Pizzicato wound A looks good but I haven't tried it $40 SOLD

Just to explain I have accumulated all kinds of gut strings over the years and many used ones I never got around to even trying - I'm not inclind to mess with the set up I use at present and wanting to clear the decks. Also happy to let some other players try out used gut strings to get an idea what works for them.

There may be a few more if I can locate them in the next days
    By the way does anyone recall what colour ends Golden Spirals have? I have what appears like a G string tynex wound in good order but it has yellow silk end does that make it a G or a D? I'm pretty sure it must be a G going by the gauge ....

2. DarnellBass

DarnellBass Supporting Member

Nov 16, 2011
    Denver, Colorado
    pm'd on an oliv A

3. PM.

4. sold pending payment as noted Olive A and Red O Ray A

5. Michael Eisenman

Michael Eisenman Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2006
    Eugene, Oregon
    Payment sent (PayPal) for remaining Oliv D string.

6. Will Kelly

Will Kelly

Mar 3, 2010
    TX
    payment sent on one of the red-o-ray A strings.

7. More sold as noted plus some more added

8. jsc88

jsc88

May 3, 2010
    PM sent for Golden Spiral D and Chorda D/G

9. All sold except one Pizzicato metal wound D