Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Asthma (continued)

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by JayAmel, Dec 10, 2002.

1. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    Following to my previous thread, first I wish to thank everyone again for your friendly support.

Now the news : despite of the serious alert I had, my asthma is a "soft" version of asthma, called "intermittent". From what the examination showed, I have no emphysema, and what showed on the radiography was a temporary irritation due to the violence of my crisis.

I have quit smoking for more than 3 weeks now. I really have no temptation to take a cigarette again, and also I wish to say I feel much better. I haven't used ventoline for over 2 weeks (before, I used it daily). I breathe much better, I can walk fast, run, jump without problems with my breath. I can smell many things again (well, sometimes that's not a good thing :D )...

So it seems, overall, that this alert was not as serious as it seemed. It was just my body telling me : "hey stoopid, so you wanna die now ?". My body was expecting for a reaction. I had it.

At last, my wife and daughter were frightened when seeing me almost breathless. I don't think I have the moral right to cause them the fears and tears I caused them...

With love,

2. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    thank god your feeling better man! Congrats on it.. now go rock on da bass!

3. odie

odie Supporting Member

Thats good man. You can do it!!

4. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Glad to hear you are better, Jean. Congrats on quitting smoking, too.