1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Aston Barrett Recordings

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Bass., Jun 15, 2007.

1. Bass.

Bass.

Jan 23, 2006
    San Diego
    I want to know which Wailer's albums, which upsetters albums etc etc.... basically everything that he's on

i did a search and searched google and couldn't find much... especially not that would tell me if he was on it or not

so if anyone knows it would be a great help

thanks!

2. Dr.Thumpinstein

Dr.Thumpinstein

Dec 13, 2006
    Aston "Family Man" Barrett...

I have a book on him that tells all of the songs which he played on. I'll post as soon as I get off of work.
    Interesting fact about him, he used relative tuning (tuning to his bass) instead of textbook tuning.

His brother Secco played drums for The Wailers, the infamous t-shirts under the tom heads to give that certain low res 'pop' that you hear in certain songs like Get up, Stand up.

3. bassist15

bassist15

Mar 6, 2006
    Indiana
    FAmily Man's brother was not Secco . His brother was Carlton Barrett. Family Man is featured on most every Bob Marley album.

4. Bass.

Bass.

Jan 23, 2006
    San Diego
    allright coolt hanks

does anyone know, if not which albums exactly, maybe the year he came and left the wailers?

thanks

5. bassist15

bassist15

Mar 6, 2006
    Indiana
    Family Man and the rest of the backing band started playing with bob marley on The Wailers' major label debut Catch A Fire through their last album Uprising . He was part of the Wailers so he played on all their albums. Robbie Shakespeare did play bass on Concrete Jungle off of Catch a Fire though.

6. 905

Jul 23, 2006
    Norway
    What do you mean by "relative tuning" ?

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 5, 2021