Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

At 4-Freakin'-30 my dog started howling.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Gabu, Oct 6, 2002.

1. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    Damn.

I was incoherent, and pretty pissed. I jammed outside, in my underwear and yelled at her to shut up.

Got back to bed, she started again.

So I ran out there again, gave her a wack, and told her to shut up again.

Got back to my room... I heard the howl again... This time I was awake enough to realise it was not my dog at all. I felt like such a heel. I went back outside to sit down with and hang out with her a bit. Doh. :(

2. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    There's a special place in hell for people like you!!! :mad:

j/k :D You cats and dogs just can't get along, can you?

3. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    :rolleyes:dogs:rolleyes:

4. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    haha that's a good one.

My dog doesn't howl late at night. She sleeps in my room with me, so every night at some random point, she'll lick my face, and it is gross. And she hogs the covers too. And she sits in the middle of the bed. The fricking middle of the bed!!! Of all the places to take, she takes the middle. So every night, I get a little corner of sheets, the edge of the bed, and a slobbery face in the morning when I wake up.

Gotta love having a dog :D:D:D:D

5. Replace the word dog with girlfriend and the similarites are remarkable.

:D

6. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    :Dpirate cats:D

7. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    well... that too.... but this is a family site :D

8. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    }

so true

9. odie

odie Supporting Member

But a wet face is so much nicer if its the girlfriend.

10. yawnsie

yawnsie

Apr 11, 2000
    London
    I've been there before - my dog has this really high-pitched, annoying bark that he likes to use in the middle of the night, and there have been times when I've done the same thing.

11. BigBohn

BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    Poor dog. Deserves a biscuit.

12. superfreak

superfreak Unregistered

Aug 18, 2002
    Clarksville, TN
    How about this one!...My cat was doing something to the dog and at 2:30 in the frickin morning I had this 50lb dog jump on top of me howling and barking! Woke me up in a screaming fit for I thought I was going to be attacked! Then I realised my cat did something to the dog, the dog is a bassit/beagle mix, he would not go near my cat who is declawed btw. I swear, I was going to kill them both, I am surprised I didn't wake the whole household:mad:

13. DrunkenJoker84

DrunkenJoker84

May 11, 2001
    sweet thread

14. DanGouge

DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Canada!
    I think all housecats are pirates... Opportunistic, greedy, stealthy, yup they are...

15. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Yes - I had a big tabby tom who was a real opportunist. So he was living with me on campus at college (this is a long time ago! ;) ) and I would give him special treats on Sunday - but this was also the one day most students on the site would cook as well.

So on Monday -all the girls would be saying to me - don't you feed your cat - he came round looking realy hungry? So eventually I buld up the picture that he had been to just about every building on the college campus site and scrounged dinner from all the people cooking - mostly girls!! ;)

Most of the guys didn't bother to cook - surprise! :) But there was one guy in the same building as me, who got frozen meals sent to him by his mother - how sad!! :rolleyes:

But my cat used to eat them while he was de-frosting them - so he complained bitterly that my cat had eaten the contents of a half-defrosted bowl that he had left out uncovered!

I'll always remember it -so I said I was sorry to this guy and that I would replace whatever it was my cat had eaten (very reasonable I thought) - but he just got angry and said "that was irreplaceable - that was my Mother's Tripe and Onions!" I quote verbatim - we laughed for days afterwards!! :D

16. My car sleeps in my window sill. Nice little blaket up there for him. Doesn't bother me except when I get home from work and he wants me to feed him. Then he goes and sleeps some more.

Maybe we need to upgrade his power supply to an Energizer.

Rock on
    Eric

17. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    tripe and onions? yikes. that poor cat.

18. Yeah. What kind of name is that? Probably traumatized, which is why it's going to hot chick's place to get food. It knows they won't call it Tripe and Onions.

Sheesh.:rolleyes:

Rock on
    Eric

19. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Eh? :confused: The cat in question's name was "Botham" - what he ate, that annoyed my fellow student was "his Mother's Tripe and Onions" !! :D

I don't think anybody's fully appreciated the humour of this yet !! ;)

20. I know, I was trying to make a joke off of what JT said. Sorry that it didn' come out well.

But don't call your cat Tripe and Onions!!

Rock on
    Eric