Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

At a crossroads.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by syciprider, Sep 11, 2005.

1. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    I want a 212 cab for home use. None of the local stores have them so I looked online. It's down to a used Nemesis or a new Avatar. I've never heard these things in real life. I am going by the strength of opinion in this forum about these two brands.

I play mostly classic and 80s/90s rock and I like sharp, glass clear highs anchored by well defined lows (not the big boomy punch). I have enough external EQ to compensate for small cab shortcomings.

Which cab is for me?

Thanks.

2. A new Steelsound 2x12....here's the thread I started with my review....

Steelsound 2x12 thread

$170 shipped to your door.

Just a thought.

Jay

3. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Don't know about the Nemesis, but Avatar make quality products and has great bang for the buck. I also like the fact the Avatar took an already great bass speaker and had Eminence extend the X-Max to make it custom for them and make it a better speaker. I'd lean towards the Avatar. They also recently upgraded their crossovers...

4. Can't recommend the Aguilar GS112 enough. It fits exactly what you describe. You could also look into the Aguilar GS212. I believe someone has one for sale in the classifieds for $425. This is an excelent price!

5. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

I just got a Aguilar GS212 myself. KILLER cab!