1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

At home/friend's house playing, Roland Micro Cube?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Myrriad, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Myrriad

Myrriad Banned

Oct 11, 2012
    After going through a couple basses, I've decided to order the VM Squier Jazz in a few weeks, and I was thinking of also ordering a Micro Cube to practice with/also be able to take with me. Any word on it's quality/sound?

2. Myrriad

Myrriad Banned

Oct 11, 2012
    Bump

3. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon.

Amazing amp for bedroom practice. Great features like battery capable (the RX) and really useful models for practice.

4. jungleheat

jungleheat Banned

Jun 19, 2011
    DC
    Something like that isn't going to be much louder than playing unplugged. I would just wait until you can spend a little more and maybe get a used small combo. You can sometimes find something like a Trace Elliot Commando (100w 1x15 combo) for like $100 at GC, etc... and something like that is going to get you a LOT farther than the Micro Cube (which will probably sound like crap with bass anyway).

5. HunterBurgan4Me

HunterBurgan4Me

Mar 6, 2010
    Micro Cube is also great for busking

6. js1

js1

Oct 1, 2006
    The Bass Microcube has been discontinued, but there still may be some around to buy. I use mine all the time particularly for playing with acoustic players, at campfires and the like.

The Yamaha THR10 is an acceptable substitute.

7. I have one and love it. It is tight, punchy, and handles low B just fine for playing with acoustic or low volume. The amp models are great fun too.