Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

At last, a new bass for meee!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Shoka42, Jun 3, 2004.

1. Shoka42

Shoka42

Jul 19, 2003
    england
    well, my first bass was a shine four string, and after having it four about 7 months, i got bored and defretted it. unfortunately it hampered my learning of playing the bass, so i started saving for a new bass.

and this is it! (pictures coming soon) a shine fretted five string, i know its cheap, but im 15 and have no money, but it plays great for the price. it is active, has one humbucker and one single coil pickup, and bass and treble EQs. hardly competes with some of yous guys basses, but it is great for me!

2. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    If it helps you learn then it's cool. Congratulations and keep groovin' :D

Dan

3. DougP

DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    we all start some place.

keep on groovin'

4. xax712

xax712

Dec 25, 2001
    Northwest Arkansas
    Congrat,
    man I'm 21 and have been playing for 8 years and I just got my first bass that retails for over a grand yesterday Brian Moore i5). Anyway, just stick with it and what you'll learn to do with your hands to make a crappy bass sound good will go a longs ways when you get something better. Oh yeah I started with a Lotus it was cracked and if you turned the volume knob it cut out, all through a 70's practice guitar amp. So trust me you can come quite a ways, I was thrilled to get my Squier after that, so I know the feeling. Congrats man and good luck.