1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

at last my rig is complete!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by anthowl, Apr 8, 2009.

1. hey guys, just thought i'd share something i think is kinda neat.
    after a long wait of paying off layby and playing through an Ashdown MAG1'15 combo, here at last is my complete rig (short of two pedals and swap the line6 stomp for the Coffin Blood Drive)

CopyofCIMG0046.

2. Great looking rig !!

3. thanks! i like ashdown's kinda old school aesthetic.

4. froglips

froglips

Feb 9, 2009
    Arizona
    Did you leave all of your drawers open just for the pic, or is that how you always leave them?:bag: Lol!

5. VisualShock

VisualShock

Feb 19, 2008
    North Wales
    looks good! glad you're happy with your setup... it's only time until you'll want more

6. lol, admittedly the room is a bit messy. the drawers arent always open..but they still are.. :meh:

and yes, i am as always affected by G.A.S.
    but thankfully (thankfully?) right now it's more to do with basses and pedals :smug:

7. eastcoasteddie

eastcoasteddie

Mar 24, 2006
    NoVA
    Nice rig...

But if you FOLD your clothes nicely, the drawers will close a lot easier...

8. rbonner

rbonner

Sep 25, 2008
    In my house cabinets and drawers open themselves.

I told my wife, hey we don't need 25 coffee cups, in California (earthquake zone) this would never fly. She answered, but we don't live in California... And I said, but we do live in an earthquake zone. Then she started that bitching about me playing too loud for the house and stuff.

Either that or this is a pic of my son's room.

BOB

9. Thanks, MOM :D

10. atauntaun

atauntaun

Sep 14, 2008
    Alameda, CA
    Endorser Jule Amps Monique
    Excellent new rig! I've been playing through an ABM 500 EVOII and more recently the EVOIII and they are by far my favorite amps ever.

11. Thankyou Ataunton for actualy commenting on THE RIG.
    and i have to agree that both EVOII and III are really awesome amps. i had a lot of prior experience with an EVOII (my dad owns one) and it's nice that the new one hasnt changed that much. as a confirmed compression junky it's very useful having another on hand :p

also, the draws were initially closed, but the rumbling awesomeness of the rig's low frequencies caused them to go all awry! ;)

12. Nice rig. I bet you got it from Bass Centre in Park Street... or Billy Hyde? Love them people at BC, I've got a Mag 600 and 410 on layby :p

Also, what cab is that? looks like the 115

13. chicago_mike

chicago_mike

Oct 9, 2007
    Chicago - LA - Rome
    Endorsing Artist : Genz Benz
    Ummm..you do seperate your whites and colors when you do laundry right??

14. mrkreuzschlitz

mrkreuzschlitz

Jun 30, 2008
    Dacula, GA
    haha that'll change, unless this is your last post ever. ;)

15. i DID in fact get it at the Bass Center in Park St. :smug:
    if you've been there recently you've probably heard me playing the thing when i've dropped in to pay off another chunk, lol.

i don't buy ANYTHING from billy hyde.:meh:

and the cab is the 410T. very noice.

and i do not wear white clothes, so question is non applicable!

gas will surely build..no pun intended.
    but for now i am alllmost content. :)

16. 4-string

4-string

Jul 23, 2006
    Norway
    Very nice! The Ashdown ABM series is great, and I can't really think of anything that looks as cool.

17. atauntaun

atauntaun

Sep 14, 2008
    Alameda, CA
    Endorser Jule Amps Monique
    My EVOII was a combo with a 4x10 that I had for about 5 years and sold due to the weight. I tried a few heads before deciding I was a dumb ass and should just get an Ashdown head. I actually just wanted another EVOII, but couldn't find one. I thought I would never use the built in compressor, but found that I like it quite a bit. This could very easily be the last rig you will ever want. Unless of course you go to a ABM900 and 8x10 :D

18. haha, true that!
    it's a more functional idea having the amp and cab seporate, none the less i think i'm going to pick up one of those..things that have wheels and carry heavy stuff:meh:..

as for the compressor, i use the guyatone BL2 in line and it's always active and i figured the ashdown's comp would be useful if my battery went unexpectedly. this still applies but for extra smoothness i sometimes like to run them both at once :bag:

i like compression lawts.

19. Oh Yeah? What's this then?

[​IMG]
    :D

</jk> awesome rig! :)

20. just cos i haz them doesn't mean i wearz them ;)

and thanks!