Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

at last, pics of my new(ish) 5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Si-bob, Feb 5, 2002.

1. here they are

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the last 1 is at a funny angle, so the neck look short!

*Si*

2. Ibanez GS ?

3. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    Bass Collection?

Seems like a nice piece! How does it play & sound?

4. trainyourhuman

trainyourhuman Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2000
    MI
    Tune?

5. its a Bass Collection 335
    it plays beautifully...nice tight B... and a loada different sounds, cos its active/passive switchable!

so yeah...very nice :)

*Si*

6. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Looks classic, yet modern. I like it.

7. yeah, its looking a a little grubby from playing cos i havn't really wiped it down with a nice shimmy (cloth) yet. But as u can see the finish is gourgeous, reflects everything! :)

i'm not normally into gold hardware, but this is an exception, i think the transparent purple really sets off the hardware!

*Si*

8. Nice bass!

9. AllodoX hasn't heard of 'bass collection' before. ? :confused:

10. Tom Crofts

Tom Crofts

Mar 15, 2001
    Bass Collection are cool, Ibanezish styling but a bit classier and nicer than Ibanez. Brass nut and slightly wider neck (I think). Their site used to be www.nanyo-boeki.co.jp but I don't think it exists anymore. Also nicer electronics than Ibanez. Cool bass.

11. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

You see quite a lot of them about in the UK - the Bass Centre in Wapping seems to be the main distributor and has loads of them.

I've tried quite a few and didn't really like them - the body always felt too small so that the overall balance didn't feel right and none of them could get the sound I was really after.

But this particular one, does look like a very nice example!

12. Got a link to a site too, Bruce ?

13. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I had a 4 string & a friend of mine had 2 4's & the necks were very flimsy. He had one of his necks replaced, the one I had had to be adjusted about every other day. It DID play & sound great when the bass was set up correctly, thou. I hope your neck is better than the one my friend & I had.

14. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I thought it was too obvious :

http://www.basscentre.co.uk/

15. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    Looks cool!

16. hey
    with regards to nino's comments, wen i first got it from Bass Centre, i had it strung EADGC, but due to a change in my mood :)...i changed it to BEADG, and i had to give the neck NO adjustment!!!!
    very solid in my opinion, dunno what others are like though, sounds like i was lucky with this one! :)

cheers
    *Si*