1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

at last, pics of my new(ish) 5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Si-bob, Feb 5, 2002.

1. here they are

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the last 1 is at a funny angle, so the neck look short!

*Si*

2. Ibanez GS ?

3. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    Bass Collection?

Seems like a nice piece! How does it play & sound?

4. trainyourhuman

trainyourhuman

Apr 12, 2000
    MI
    Tune?

5. its a Bass Collection 335
    it plays beautifully...nice tight B... and a loada different sounds, cos its active/passive switchable!

so yeah...very nice :)

*Si*

6. Brendan

Brendan Supporting Member

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Looks classic, yet modern. I like it.

7. yeah, its looking a a little grubby from playing cos i havn't really wiped it down with a nice shimmy (cloth) yet. But as u can see the finish is gourgeous, reflects everything! :)

i'm not normally into gold hardware, but this is an exception, i think the transparent purple really sets off the hardware!

*Si*

8. Nice bass!

9. AllodoX hasn't heard of 'bass collection' before. ? :confused:

10. Tom Crofts

Tom Crofts

Mar 15, 2001
    Bass Collection are cool, Ibanezish styling but a bit classier and nicer than Ibanez. Brass nut and slightly wider neck (I think). Their site used to be www.nanyo-boeki.co.jp but I don't think it exists anymore. Also nicer electronics than Ibanez. Cool bass.

11. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

You see quite a lot of them about in the UK - the Bass Centre in Wapping seems to be the main distributor and has loads of them.

I've tried quite a few and didn't really like them - the body always felt too small so that the overall balance didn't feel right and none of them could get the sound I was really after.

But this particular one, does look like a very nice example!

12. Got a link to a site too, Bruce ?

13. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I had a 4 string & a friend of mine had 2 4's & the necks were very flimsy. He had one of his necks replaced, the one I had had to be adjusted about every other day. It DID play & sound great when the bass was set up correctly, thou. I hope your neck is better than the one my friend & I had.

14. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I thought it was too obvious :

http://www.basscentre.co.uk/

15. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    Looks cool!

16. hey
    with regards to nino's comments, wen i first got it from Bass Centre, i had it strung EADGC, but due to a change in my mood :)...i changed it to BEADG, and i had to give the neck NO adjustment!!!!
    very solid in my opinion, dunno what others are like though, sounds like i was lucky with this one! :)

cheers
    *Si*