Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

At last, we're getting somewhere...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by yawnsie, May 15, 2002.

1. yawnsie

yawnsie

Apr 11, 2000
    London
    Just thought I'd share this...

Okay, it's not much, but it represents quite a big step forward for my band. Over the past few weeks, we've been sending our demos off to places, in the hope that someone would discover it.

Today, we got a phone call from Matchbox Records in London - apparently, they like our stuff, and they want to put us on a compilation that showcases "the hottest new bands in Britian" (or something to that effect) This, apparently, is then sent to radio stations and A&R men from various record labels, who then may or may not do something with it. This label also has a recording studio, so we might end up down south re-recording our stuff.

Like I say, it's probably not much to get excited about, but excited I am. It's progress, and maybe now I won't have as much pressure to get a job from certain people... ;)

2. slade

slade

Apr 5, 2001
    Sounds like you've got the ball rolling.... which is more than a lot of guys can claim. Send us a photo and some info about your band and we'll help promote you guys...
    www.uglybassplayer.com

3. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    dude, that's awesome! my band is sending around demos to clubs and stuff, in hopes that we may get a gig... :rolleyes: good luck to you and yours, man!

4. That's too cool! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Do you guys get one song for the CD, or more, and do you get to pick it, or does the label?

Lisa

5. Hey, any step forward is a good one. Congrats, Yawn man.

Mike J.

6. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Hey, very cool! Congratulations.

7. Very nice, congratulations!

8. yawnsie

yawnsie

Apr 11, 2000
    London
    Thanks, everyone. Lisa - as far as I know, if we do appear on this CD they'll pick one of our songs for it. To be honest, I'm not sure about how big of a thing this is - it seems to be a pretty obscure little outfit. Still, all the same, it represents progress I suppose.

Oh yeah, thanks for the offer Slade. We've got some stuff on the website if you're interested.

9. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Congrats. It seems that you're being smart about it. Excited but not selling the ranch & moving close to the studio, bla bla bla. :D

I hope the best.

10. Well...keep us posted! I'm really excited for you! :D

Lisa