Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

at the drive-in/sparta/the mars volta fans?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Every1TookMyName, Feb 4, 2002.

1. NioeZero

NioeZero

Sep 2, 2001
    ATDI is one of my absolute favorite bands. Very intelligent, dynamic, and emotional music, a shame they had to call it quits.

Not familiar with the other two... off to AudioGalaxy I go.

2. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    wow what a freaky thread. i was actually listening to at the drive in when i saw this. I LOVE LOVE LOVE them. Too bad they are kinda not making music for the moment. I cant wait till they start touring again, very energy packed. i havent heard of the other 2 bands though?? what songs or cd's do u reccomend me getting? are they similiar to ATDI?? Well good thread cuz ATDI rocks hard.

3. hyperlitem - Sparta and the Mars Volta are two bands that came out of At The Drive-In when it broke up. Omar and Cedric are in the Mars Volta and Jim, Tony, and Paul are in Sparta... come to think of it, I should have added defacto in the subject line, too.

Smash - They're a great band... its hard to describe, but imagine Zack De la Rocha from Rage Against the Machine singing... don't worry, they're not rap rock. They have a bunch of influences, everything from jazz to pink floyd to latin to punk rock. I recommend you go see them... they put on a GREAT show. Let me know how it turns out. If you want, go to their label's website www.goldstandardlabs.com and download 'Concertina'...

NioeZero - yeah, it sucks that they broke up, but I'm really excited about Sparta and the Mars Volta.

By the way, Defacto is the Mars Volta's side project. Its more like dub and jazz then Mars Volta... the same people that are in MV are in Defacto.

4. p.s. Omar has described the Mars Volta as 'darker and more musical' then At the Drive-In. Also, The Mars Volta's cd comes out at the end of March and Sparta's cd is still being recorded.

5. Yeah, At the Drive-In is from El Paso, TX.

Your girl-friend could be mistaken or it could be a different band entirely.