1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

AtA Flight Case help!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by FreedomGundam, Sep 1, 2005.

1. FreedomGundam

FreedomGundam

Aug 26, 2005
    Okay I know i asked questions about there around the board. But I am right now day before flying and I am still nervious. Does it really matter if I keep the bass fully tuned up or take it down ot its flats like Eb-Ab-Db-Gb. I need reinsurance right now. I am don't want any damage on it. I have the Gator G-Tour Case/flight case.

Please help me out again let me gain back some reinsurance and confidence I will be up in the air for 2 hours no more than 3 at all. I am going from Hamiliton to Moncton.

So please peoples... help me with some resinsurance. I don't have any money left to get a new Fender Jazz Bass and I am going to college. i need that check I written to help me for the whole year.

Sorry for all these threads of it. But I need confidence back and some more advice.

http://www.gatorcases.com/sections/prdct/prdct-guitar.htm

Please somebody tell me what should I do.. is it okay to have it tuned up or tune it down . I does fit well in there.
    -Anthony

2. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    I would take off the strings. Then throw them back on once I land.
    But i've never flown so...

Congrats on the college though!

3. FreedomGundam

FreedomGundam

Aug 26, 2005
    Thanks..

But I looked int that thing and it isn't good for the neck.. The neck needs tention. Thanks for the advice and for congradulating me for College I this is my 3rd semester there so far at BBC. I think I might just keep the bas tuned up and have it in the G-Tour case and see what happens. I see no reason why it souldn't come out alright.